Endure the Lockdown
Date Posted:23 August 2021
Lockdown can be a pretty challenging and daunting time for many of you out there. On the flip side, it can be a special period for readjusting, recharging, and rewarding yourself. As millions of Australians have found themselves in lockdown, creative thinking, positive mindsets, being aware and taking care of your mental wellbeing become vital for coping with the lockdowns.
We have sourced various modern illustrations to share a few of our lockdown tips and how to stay optimistic even when life gets tough.
Self-care is of course different for each of us. Infusing your daily lockdown life with some of these actions can have a positive impact on both your physical and mental wellbeing:
- Exercising, getting a good night’s sleep and fuelling your body with nutritious food
- Doing activities you enjoy
- Staying connected with families, friends, colleagues, and social supports
- Managing stress through problem solving, staying productive, relaxation or meditation
- Thinking in creative and helpful ways
- Giving yourself some positive feedback for all the things you are doing, think of it as giving yourself praise as you do to others
- Reaching out to friends and family, a conversation can be a mood-booster
- Finding time to be active each day.